Friday, October 3, 2008

I'm not a doctor... Nor do I play one on TV...

Hello, there! Hi, I am Me. And you are You. Very nice to meet you, You! It's a pleasure. Welcome to my blog!

Didn't really know how to get past the pleasantries there at the beginning, because, well, let's face it, this is cyberspace, I don't know You and You don't know Me, but we are having an interaction. So, yes, Hi! Welcome to my blog... wait, I said that already. No, problem, it bears repeating =) Hi.

Honestly, I do not know why it is that I am writing a blog, just kind of felt right... not because it is the new "hip" thing to do (would have started it years ago if that were the case), nor is it because I think I'm witty and have exciting things to relate to the world (though, I do have my moments)... but basically because I have sorely missed the feel of the keyboard under my fingertips. Oh, I've missed writing. You see, I am a recent Sociology grad from the University of California, Santa Barbara (Go Gauchos! Wooh!). Though while there I could not wait to leave behind everything that had to do with reading extraordinary lengthly books and writing fifteen page long reports on mundane topics... now, I long for those experiences. Which is why I'm currently reading "Hamlet" and writing this here blog. I know, not exactly the same thing, but it scratches the itch and serves as the fix.

Anyway, by now you're probably wondering what this here blog is all about. Look around! Yep. Feel free to take a step back, put your hands in your pockets in an act of proud contemplative impressiveness and marvel at it. No? Okay, worth a shot. Well, the title pretty much says it all: "TV as I see it." Catchy, ain't it? =)

I'd like to say that I have pretty good knowledge of television as a whole and as a business... you know, as much knowledge as a novice can have, but knowledge nonetheless. Knowledge and opinions. I think that's pretty much what all blogs are basically about, no? Knowledge and opinions? Well, that's what this one is going to try to get across. Anything that has to do with television that I feel up to writing about, I will write about (time allowing, of course). That involves my favorite television indulgences, commercials, songs I hear on TV or even thoughts I have while watching TV... if TV is involved in one way or another, it will find a place here if I so wish.

I already have a few things I think I would like to talk about, but those are stories for another time. Can't throw everything at you all at once. That's no fun... for either one of us.

Well that's it for now. Next blog entry will probably focus on what I like to watch and why, so watch out for that. In the mean time, feel free to watch the "Video of the Moment" over on screen left. That Vid. is awesome... I'd take credit for it, but I have a very strong conscience... I just found it on YouTube and took a shinning to it. Really cool graphic structure... and it gives you a tiny clue about what might be on my favorite shows list.

So, thanks for dropping by! It was very nice meeting you, the pleasure was all mine... and in the end, that's all that really matters. ;o)

No comments: