Thursday, October 9, 2008

The 2 Best Moments of the 2008 Emmy's....

I know the Emmy's are long forgotten by know, but it's a slow blog day...

I haven't seen the entire show yet (taped it... yeah TAPE... TiVo is overrated...), but I have seen parts of it (Fast Forward is a great little button) and, so far, I think I can say a few things about the actual show itself.

For one... one of the worst Emmy's that I have recent memory of (Wow... look at that, I ended a sentence in a preposition!). Anyway... part of what I really enjoy every year when watching the Emmy's (and yes, I do try to watch them every year if I can) is the opening sketch/ skit/ monologue. They're just quite brilliantly funny most of the time.

Remember Conan O'Brian trespassing all over the major hit television shows of the time, only to be scared away by Chris Hansen to do an ode to television ala "Music Man"






He may be an ass, but he's a genius.... But if that's not your funny cuppa tea, how about 'Family Guy's' Brian and Stewie Griffin's brutally honest nod to television??




Freakin' Hilarious! Am I right, or am I right? =)

Sadly, I can't say the same for this years show. 2008s 'reality' version... well.... let's just say that it left a lot to be desired... and that's putting it mildly. I'll be honest, when I first heard that there were going to be five hosts this year, I honestly thought that it was going to be a pretty good idea. Nice change, I thought. How wrong, I was. As soon as Tom Bergeron, Heidi Klum, Jeff Probst, Howie Mandel, and Ryan Seacrest took the stage and started talking (after Oprah of all people! Why was she even there, anyway?), I couldn't stop thinking: "Wha??... That's it?... That's not funny... that's hardly even reality!" Really, Ryan, I expected more out of you, at least.

But alas, there were two really great moments that I just absolutely loved... and as such, I wish to share with you... ain't you special:

#1: THE funniest moment of the ENTIRE show... THE FUNNIEST... Awww.... leave it to a Brit! =) Good show, indeed! Oh... and I don't care what anyone says, Gervais carried the whole act., NOT Carrell...

Ricky Gervais dissing on Steven Carrell:


#2: Josh Groban singing TV Theme songs, it was great and funny and cute, I love the SNL part.. pretty accurate impression if you ask me. Good to see Groban in a completely different light than just a classical artist:




Hope you enjoyed this little opinionated YouTube moment. Please feel free to comment.

=)

Night night, and take good care!

No comments: