Friday, January 2, 2009

The Eleveth Hour, for Eleveth Doctor speculations...

will be at 5:35PM... UK Time...



Will you look at that? The next actor to portray the iconic Doctor will be announced tomorrow afternoon... or wait, no... it's already Saturday in the UK... so, it will be announced in a matter of hours! =)

I have no idea who the next Doctor will be, I just know that I want to know. I actually wouldn't want to know, had I had no idea that that there would be a need to make an announcement, but what are you gonna do? The cat's out of the bag, speculation abounds, and my curiosity is spiked.

Rumor has it that it will be Paterson Joseph who will be announced as the next Doctor, and, incidentally enough, the first Black actor to portray the role (side note: In America, he would be African- American, in the United Kingdom, would he be African- British/English/Londoner? This is a serious question, I would really like to know the phrasing, if anyone knows).

In all honesty, I'm not to keen on the him being the doc. Not sure why, though. But a big reason for me not wanting him is because he was already in Doctor Who. Although, yes, it was a very minor part in Bad Wolf and The Parting of the Ways, and yes, he never actually (at least I don't think) got to meet The Doctor, he was still on the show, and that to me, is a real put off. Because of that small fact, is why I don't understand why he would be the front runner and lead favorite in the betting pools.

Another name that has been thrown around is, Russell Tovey. For me, again, no. For the same reason. He was the Alonzo in Ten's "Alonz-y Alonzo" bit! To familiar a face, I'd say.

Just get someone new, I say.

My money was on David Morrissey, even while watching The Next Doctor on Christmas I though it would be him... that is, until about half way through the episode when his candidacy fell flat on the floor. He would of been great in the role, I think. He actually was, really, during that first half of The Next Doctor... damn... I'd say "What a waste," but that's just mean, and not actually true, because he was good in his role nonetheless. Same goes for John Simm.

I also thought that Robert Carlyle would be a good choise, a nice scottish accent, too. But alas, he was just recently announced to be the lead in the next installment of the Stargate franchise, Stargate: Universe (I'll blog about that later, hehe). So, yeah, he's out.

Someone I thought would have made a very good, very depressed-esque, Doctor would be Benedict Cumberbatch. I've only ever seen him in The Last Enemy, but I really liked him in that role. He was also in The Other Boleyn Girl and Atonement, for those of you who may not be all that familiar with the BBC mini series. But as for Doctor Who, well, I just read on IMDB.com that he got cast for some other BBC Sherlock themed project this year... so, if random postings on IMDB.com can be taken at heart value, then I guess he's out too. But, and this is going off topic, he'd make a great Sherlock, too, now that I think about it. =)

Hugh Laurie would have been awesome to, but he's of course is busy with House, MD. Haha... He'd be to much like Nine, in my opinion, anyway.

So, who's left to be Who? Lots of actors, surely. Some big name celebs (which is unlikely), and even lesser knows, I just can't think of any.

I've heard/read the names Eddie Izzard and James Nesbitt thrown around as well... but eh, I don't know. I don't even know these guys! LOL. I'm sure they're fine actors, though. =)

Like I said before, I'm sure the BBC casting department knows what they're doing, knows what they want, and will cast the right man.

Speculation is worthless anyway... I'm just really bored and feel like writing, hence this post. Hehe. And, of course, I can't deny that I'm a wee bit curious about the Time Lords regeneration. =)

No comments: